Back to Blog
Blackjack Tips: Try Your Luck With Blackjack at Lady Luck!
Lady Luck Casino® Nemacolin has seen a full calendar of exciting events in 2015. From parties and special promotions, to dining and gaming, we've been host to a whirlwind of celebration and joy all year long. We've been happy to celebrate with our staff & guests, and as the year winds down, let’s take a look at some of our favorite moments of the year!Blackjack is one of the most popular games in the world and a favorite among players at Lady Luck®! This card game is a delight for novice and expert gamers alike, and we're here to help you win big while having a blast at our casino.
The rules of blackjack are simple. The game starts with a standard 52-card deck with the joker cards removed. Sometimes called "21," the object of blackjack is to reach the closest value of 21 without going over. Cards two through nine are taken at face value and all face cards count as 10. Aces count as one or 11.
Players start with two cards and place their bets. The next player is the dealer, who reveals only one card. The players get another chance to keep their cards, or "stand," or take another. The game continues until a player or the dealer "busts," which is to go over 21. The player and dealer may tie, which means that there are no winners or losers.
Five Blackjack Tips You Didn't Think Of
Now that you know the basics, Lady Luck® Nemacolin would like to give you some tips on improving your blackjack knowledge. Follow our simple strategies for a winning game!
1. Know your limits. Your blackjack table may have signs for minimum and maximum bets, so be sure to read the posts closely. Set yourself a spending limit beforehand, and only use a quarter of that amount at a time. This lets you control your game if you feel that you may need to quit or continue playing.
2. Make sure that you're aware of special gameplay strategy. Basic blackjack terminology includes the act of "doubling down." To double down means to double your bet. After receiving your first two cards, you can double down and get an additional card. The table rules may allow you to double down on a specific cards, although expert players generally double down on an original total of 10 or 11.
3. Stay friendly with your dealer and other players. Good spirits will help you think clearly and play a better game of blackjack. Some players choose to tip their dealer with a chip if they're playing a long game to show appreciation for their work.
4. Try not to push your luck. You might get excited to get closer to 21 with a card value of 18 or so, but this rarely happens and you'll probably bust! Plan your moves accordingly and think clearly before you act on spontaneous impulses.
5. Learn the tip of "splitting." If you receive two cards of the same value, you can split them into two hands. We recommend never splitting face cards or fives, and always splitting aces.
Lady Luck’s Blazing 777 Blackjack Game
We hope that you're ready for a riveting game of blackjack at Lady Luck! Our casino is offering an exciting Blazing 777 Blackjack game. We're proud to be the only casino in the area to offer Blazing 7s side bets every day!
We play a standard blackjack game with two cards and one hit card. Five dollars gets you an added bet. The progressive pot begins at $10,000. Any three seven cards awards 200:1. Three sevens of the same color awards $1000!
Lady Luck Nemacolin would love to see you try your hand at our famous blackjack game. Join us for thrilling gameplay, excellent dining, and more at our casino. Good luck!