Back to Blog
All About the Beef
May is National Beef Month, and it offers an opportunity for cooks everywhere to discover anew just what beef can do for a meal. No matter how experienced you are at cooking, you can find a way to make hamburger, roast or steaks taste delicious. Here are 10 recipes to inspire you in the kitchen.
101 Hamburger Recipes
You’ll find hundreds of recipes for how to make a fantastic hamburger to tantalize the taste buds. From simple to gourmet, select one of the following recipes to impress your friends.
1. The Basic Burger: Mix one egg, ½ teaspoon of salt and black pepper with 1 pound ground beef and ½ cup fine bread crumbs. Form into four patties and grill.
2. Ranch Burger: Take 2 pounds ground beef and mix with a chopped onion, ¾ cup crushed saltine crackers, 1 egg and 1 ounce ranch dressing mix. Combine and form into patties and grill.
3. Game Day Burger: Make a meal with this recipe when you add a large shredded potato, 1 cup shredded cheese, and 1 cup chopped mushrooms to 2 pounds ground beef. Add 2 packages dry onion soup mix and grill as usual.
How to Make a Fabulous Roast
4. Beginner’s Pot Roast: Take a 3-4-pound roast and place it in a pan. Top with a sliced onion. Mix together 1 can of cream of mushroom soup, ½-cup water and brown gravy mix. Cover it and cook in a 325 F oven. Bake for 3 to 4 hours or until tender.
5. Herb Rubbed Roast: Enhance the flavor of the meat through herbs by combining 1 1/4 tablespoons paprika, 1 tablespoon salt, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon each of black pepper, cayenne pepper, oregano, onion powder and thyme, and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Make a rub and spread on a 3-pound roast. Bake for 3 hours in covered dish at 325 F or until tender.
Sumptuous Sirloin Steak
Cooking a steak to perfection doesn’t have to be an intimidating task. Try this easy recipe to make a fantastic dinner for your family or friends.
6. Sirloin Steak with Garlic Butter: Melt ½-cup butter over low heat and add 4 cloves minced garlic and 2 teaspoons garlic powder. Sprinkle steak with salt and butter and cook on grill. Spread both sides with garlic butter mixture and allow to set for a few minutes before serving.
Not Your Mama’s Meatloaf
Meatloaf has been a standard meal for generations, but today’s recipes make this traditional recipe a bit more modern.
7. BBQ Meatloaf with Tangy Onion Topping: Combine 1 slice bread torn into pieces, 1 beaten egg, ¼-cup barbeque sauce, salt and pepper, and 1 chopped onion. Mix into 2 pounds ground beef and bake at 350 F in loaf pan for an hour. Cook sliced onion in pan and add ¼ cup barbeque sauce with 2 tablespoons brown sugar and spread on top of meatloaf.
8. Stuffed Meatloaf: Make a full meal with your meatloaf with this easy recipe. Combine 3 pounds ground beef, 1 cup cooked rice, 1 egg, 1 chopped onion, chopped mushrooms and green peppers, salt and pepper, and 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese. Spread on wax paper into thin layer. Place ¼ pound deli sliced ham, salami and Swiss cheese and 1 can spinach. Roll meat up and form into loaf. Bake in 350 F oven for 70 minutes or until done.
Beef for Breakfast
Beef doesn’t have to be limited to lunch and dinner. Enhance breakfast with one of these easy recipes.
9. Farmhouse Omelet: Add 1/2 cup diced roast beef leftover from the night before to a traditional omelet with 6 eggs, chopped onions, bacon, diced cooked potatoes and seasonings. Cook as you would any omelet.
10. Creamed Chipped Beef: Make a traditional white gravy and add in 1 jar dried chipped beef. Serve over slices of toast.
For those nights when you don’t feel like cooking, visit Otis & Henry’s® Bar and Grill at Lady Luck® Nemacolin. Celebrate National Beef Month with a one-pound T-bone steak Mondays through Thursdays with two sides for only $20.00.* Whether you’re cooking at home or eating out, you can celebrate in style with the wonderful taste of beef.
*Tax and gratuity not included.